Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Carter's Vines

The other night, I arrived at the day care to pick up Carter shortly before 6PM.  He was sound asleep (with the creepy 1/4 open eyes asleep) on the mini couch in the kindergarten room.  The teacher told me that he'd fallen asleep after spinning.  "Spinning?" I asked.  Yes, he was spinning for about ten minutes.  (OK, seriously, WHO lets a kid spin for TEN MINUTES????  I spin once - yes, just once - and I practically have to sit down and sip gingerale.)  She explained that he felt sick so he laid down.  Sick?  WHY would he feel sick?!? 

I woke him because as much as I like to think he is my "little baby," he is fifty pounds, and while I have the mother bear fortitude to carry him on an as-needed basis, this did not qualify.  It took a lot to wake him because he was OUT cold.  He, like his big brother, always speaks rapidly and continuously from the moment he wakes.  Carter began to explain why he felt so sick.

"Mom, mom, mom, the vines in my back.  You know all the vines?  Well, the vines got all sick when I was spinning and they carried all the germs to the branches and they practically broke.  Then the germs went to my head and I got a baaaaad headache and then the germs went to my tummy, and oh, I fell soooo sick.  I'm never spinning again until two thousand twelve."

No comments:

Post a Comment