Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Chinese New Year

Our five minute ride to the day care this morning with Carter... mostly one-sided conversation...
Mom, mom, mom!?
When is it Chinese New Year?
Why do they call it a new year?  It really isn't new, is it?  Isn't it the same as before?
When is it the year of the ox?  Why is it the year of the ox? 
What was it the year I was born?
Wasn't the first year the year Jesus was born?  When was that again?
Does everyone who lives in China speak Chinese?
Can we go to China someday?
What year will it be?
Do Chinese people live in South Dakota?

Thank God for google.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you had some really interesting, poignant answers to these questions, whereas I would have made up some silly, ridiculous lies just to keep my kid quiet! LOL

    I love Carter's inquisitive-ness (is that a word)? I think back to when you would say, "Michelle, I don't think he'll ever speak or be able to understand things," and look at that little pumpkin now! Love him! And you!

    ReplyDelete